Despite today being Labour Day, a day when most Western Australians take a break from labouring, I found it still a busy day baking this cake, making presents, running erands, and assignmenting. Since it was someone's special day today, I decided to attempt to bake a layered cake.
Berry Yoghurt Cake
125ml (1/2 cup) yoghurt
160g (3/4 cup) raw sugar
95g (1/2 cup) ground almond
140g (1 cup) self raising cake flour
125ml olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a 20cm round pan.
- Mix yogurt, sugar and eggs together.
- Add almond meal and mix. Then sift in flour and mix.
- Pour oil in slowly whilst mixing.
- Put mixture into round pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool 15-20 minutes before removing from pan.