Sunday 17 March 2013

Honey Joys

An old favourite, a childhood treat, a simple recipe. Just cornflakes, sweetened, clustered, baked, and voilĂ ! It's crunchy, crispy, oh sweet honey! Okay, I think I might have exaggerated too much here. You know that moment when a child is trying to tell you something and you are just so busy, so you ask them to get straight to the point. Yes, I know that moment so let's cut straight to the point.
Yes, grab that cereal box and empty it out of it's corn-goodness.
Then add the oils, the sugars and the extras if you want to make it all fancy and pretty. Pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds were a personal choice because of my fear of giving children any treats with nuts. By the way, this bake was for afternoon tea at church so I had to be a little more thoughtful and careful about this.
Some had the seeds and some were plain and simple-the way Honey Joys should be.
You can find the recipe at Happy Home Baking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Yes, I can bake. Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template