Wednesday 8 February 2012

Baking Cookies For A Best Friend

On this sunny morning I decided to bake some cookies for a best friend as we were catching up later since each of us had gone on a long holiday away from home. And I've been wanting to try this recipe for quite some time, so I seized the opportunity to bake it.
I had such a jolly good baking time; beating, mixing, folding, rolling, and flattening the cookie dough. I even divided the recipe into three different flavors; vanilla, Milo (which looks like choc chips), and green tea.
My friend must have been in the same baking mood as me. She baked an assortment as featured below! So many Chinese New Year cookies and traditional Malaysian cookies. Of course, she knew my favorite was the chocolate nutty cookie-I'm all for anything chocolatey and/or nutty ^.^
Maybe it was the weather that made me giddy, or maybe I was just happy to be going out on this fine sunny morning.

Melt-in-Mouth German Cookies
Makes 60

Ingredients:
125 grams butter, softened
40 grams icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)/ or 1 teaspoon of cocoa or matcha powder or Milo (optional)
125 grams potato starch
80 grams cake flour

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Prepare a non-stick baking tray or line a tray with baking paper.
  2. Mix butter with icing sugar in a bowl. Then add vanilla essence or desired flavouring.
  3. Sift potato starch and cake flour into the butter mixture and incorporate it using a spatula until it becomes dough-like.
  4. Divide and roll the dough into 1 inch sized balls (you can leave it in the fridge to harden for 10-15 minutes if too soft to work with). Then press the dough ball gently with a fork.
  5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the surface of the cookies is slightly browning.
Recipe adapted from Happy Home Baking

1 comments:

  1. mmm yummy! i saw them on HHB as well ^^ thats a nice surprise! how nice to exchange bakes :) hehe

    ReplyDelete

 

Yes, I can bake. Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template