So I've been on the hunt for an orange poppy seed cake recipe and here it is; an easy and moist orange poppy seed cake.
Seeing so many oranges in the fruit bowl makes me smile. Oranges filled with vitamin C, fresh and juicy.
1 large orange
185 grams butter
3 eggs whisked
1 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare a mini muffin or cupcake tin with 48 molds.
2. Puree orange in food processor(I used a blender and put the eggs inside too).
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy then add the eggs slowly while continuously beating then add the orange puree and mix.
4. Add the flour and poppy seed and fold into the wet mixture.
5. Equally divide mixture between 48 molds.
6. Bake 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, or check by using a skewer to poke the inside of the cupcake and see any mixture is attached to it, if not then the cupcakes are ready. Let cool and enjoy (;