Wednesday 25 January 2012

Happy Chinese New Year

I know I posted these kind of late but it has been an eventful week. It's been too hot this summer to have a steam boat so we made an assorted sushi platter, crispy spring rolls, Chinese BBQ pork sausages, potato salad, and a soy sauce beef and broccoli stir fry. Unfortunately we only got these pictures before the evening rolled on and guests started arriving. With busy hands we wrapped, mixed, cooked, washed, cut, and positioned ingredients and items on plates. It almost felt like a chef's kitchen as my mom yelled orders up and we followed through immediately.





I don't know how my mom does it, but she never really uses a recipe. Just improvisation, innovation and intuition. Haha...cooking is not rocket science, just years of experience and a mother's work of art. But I still prefer baking at this point in time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Yes, I can bake. Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template