Sunday 13 November 2011

"My Mom Says Milo Is The Best"

When I saw a box of Milo cereal in the pantry I knew I just had to bake these Milo Doggie Cookies, adapted from Happy Home Baking, for the kids at church. As some kids have nut allergies I really try to bake nut-free recipes during big occasions or events such school parties, birthday parties, and church outings.  
I don't think Australia sells Koko Crunch but our Milo Duo and Milo Cereal is just the same. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to buy any chocolate sprinkles but I used whatever baking decoratives we had in the pantry. I think the doggie above looks the cutest-all chocolate chips!
The large choc chip eyes in comparison to the tiny nose makes the doggies look a tad strange don't you think? 

Nevertheless these Milo doggies were a hit. Crunchy, chocolatey, full of Milo-flavour and finished within the hour.

Milo Doggie Cookies
Makes about 48

Ingredients:
180 grams butter, at room temperature
80 grams Milo
200 grams cake flour (I used self-raising cake flour)
25 grams corn flour
25 grams milk powder ( I used more Milo powder)
100 grams of choc chips
some Milo cereal
some chocolate sprinkles

Directions:

  1. Preheat 140 degress Celsius. Line two baking trays.
  2. Sift cake flour, corn flour, and milk powder (Milo).
  3. Cream Milo and butter together for about 2-3 minutes at low speed.
  4. Pour in cake flour mixture and beat for 1 minute until it forms a dough.
  5. Divide dough into 10 grams each.
  6. Insert two Milo cereals for ears into the small round dough, and add a choc chip for the nose and 2 sprinkles for the eyes.
  7. Bake for about 25 minutes. Leave it to cool and put in airtight container.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Yes, I can bake. Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template