When I saw a box of Milo cereal in the pantry I knew I just had to bake these Milo Doggie Cookies, adapted from Happy Home Baking, for the kids at church. As some kids have nut allergies I really try to bake nut-free recipes during big occasions or events such school parties, birthday parties, and church outings.
The large choc chip eyes in comparison to the tiny nose makes the doggies look a tad strange don't you think?
Nevertheless these Milo doggies were a hit. Crunchy, chocolatey, full of Milo-flavour and finished within the hour.
Milo Doggie Cookies
Makes about 48
180 grams butter, at room temperature
80 grams Milo
200 grams cake flour (I used self-raising cake flour)
25 grams corn flour
25 grams milk powder ( I used more Milo powder)
100 grams of choc chips
some Milo cereal
some chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat 140 degress Celsius. Line two baking trays.
- Sift cake flour, corn flour, and milk powder (Milo).
- Cream Milo and butter together for about 2-3 minutes at low speed.
- Pour in cake flour mixture and beat for 1 minute until it forms a dough.
- Divide dough into 10 grams each.
- Insert two Milo cereals for ears into the small round dough, and add a choc chip for the nose and 2 sprinkles for the eyes.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Leave it to cool and put in airtight container.