You'd probably be speechless after a bite of these. Honestly they are full of butter, but it's only for the moment hence it's called Melting Moment. It's also called a yoyo and the biscuit does live up to its reputation.
Butter melting away in your mouth. Every bite is only for a moment.
Yoyos (or Melting Moments)
175 grams butter at room temperature
1/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/4 custard powder
50 grams butter at room temperature
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tablespoons of custard powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place baking paper on a tray.
- Cream 175 grams of butter with 1/4 cup icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat. Sift flour and 1/4 cup custard powder into the butter mixture and mix well.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Place on oven tray and flatten with a fork. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat remaining butter, icing sugar and custard powder together until well combined.
- When the biscuits have cooled completely, sandwich the cream in between two biscuits.
Source of recipe: Cookies-Collectors Edition