Thursday 3 November 2011

Butter Icing On Butter Cupcakes

In the spur of the moment, on a warm week night, I decided to make a classic cupcake recipe because I came across... Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) hosted by Min of Min's Blog. I  pulled out my dad's old recipe book that had been sitting in the shelf and covered in dust for years just to bake some cupcakes to post for this bake up.
This recipe belongs to my dad, who made it during the time he studied a bit of baking. I, on the other hand, have no experience in making cupcakes.   
I know my dad used to be a great cake decorator because I have witnessed it in old photos (which I can't show you but maybe one day I can be just as good). So me and my sister were just trying to do justice to this recipe but I'll leave it to you to judge. Despite the amateur decorations the cupcakes were buttery, fluffy, and delightful.
Behold, the cupcakes await to be eaten...
(someone in the background is eyeing the cupcake)
                                     
Enjoy cupcakes!

Butter Cupcakes
Makes 12

Ingredients:
125 grams of butter at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
dash of vanilla essence
2 eggs
2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup milk

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
  2. Cream the butter and sugar together.
  3. Whisk the eggs together in a separate bowl then pour it bit by bit into the butter mixture, beating the mixture until it is incorporated before adding more egg mix.
  4. Add half the flour into the mixture and fold. Then add half the milk and fold. Continue to fold while adding the other half of flour and milk into the mixture.
  5. Add the vanilla essence and incorporate into the mixture. Mixture should have a smooth consistency.
  6. Line the cupcake baking tray with cupcake holders or baking paper. Divide the batter into 12 cupcake tin hole tray. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or when inserting a skewer into the cupcake, no batter is stuck to the end of the skewer.
  7. Serve with desired icing or just as it is. (Note: for buttercream beat 200 grams of butter with 1/2 cup icing sugar and a dash of vanilla essence. Add 3 drops of food colouring if desired.)

2 comments:

  1. hey! i came across that aspiring bakers thing too!! and really wanted to make some cupcakes~~ i guess i still have time because its till november right? hehe... well ur cupcakes look awesome =D the icing is cute ^_^"

    keep up the baking :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i look forward to seeing your cupcakes :P

    ReplyDelete

 

Yes, I can bake. Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template