Thursday 7 March 2013

Banana Bundt Cake

Not Yes, another banana inspired creation. It isn't one of the best banana cake recipes I've come across. In fact, I find it too floury => is that even a word? Yes it is, I just checked. Okie dokie, so I doubled this recipe to fit in my huge bundt (almost spelled butt...excuse me) pan.
The fragrance of the bananas were there, but not as strong as I would have thought. However, I love the texture of the chunky walnut pieces within each slice.  
Not the prettiest bundt cake around. There were so many air bubbles as the batter was quite dense. Too much flour too!

Behold, the walnuts did this recipe justice. Walnuts are not optional, it's a must! 

Did you know? Walnuts provide protein, omega-3, fiber, B vitamins, magnesium, antioxidants like Vitamin E, and it looks like mini brains. Okay, maybe the mini brains isn't so good to know but walnuts are really good to have around as a snack or to use in baking.

You can find the recipe mentioned above, here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Yes, I can bake. Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template