They do satisfy on a cool day when they just come out of the oven, warm and soft with the chocolate slightly melted.
Choc Chip Yogurt Muffins
290 grams of yogurt (your favorite kind)
1 large egg
40 ml milk
55 grams butter, melted
38 grams plain flour
250 grams self-raising flour
120 grams sugar
225 choc chips
- Combine yogurt and egg in a small bowl. Allow to stand at room temperature so butter does not harden when added.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius, and line a 12 tin muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Melt butter with milk in a small pan.
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Add choc chips and stir gently to coat with flour mixture. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture.
- Add butter mixture to the yogurt mixture and stir until combined. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Gently fold the mixtures until just combined. Be careful not to over mix as muffins will toughen up. Mixture should have a firm, coarse consistency.
- Evenly divide the mixture between 12 muffin tin molds.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. If ready when you poke a chopstick or knife into the centre of a muffin, it should come out without any batter attached. Also the muffins should spring back when lightly pressed.
- Enjoy warm or cold. Store in airtight container. Keeps for a few days.