If you're low on ingredients on a Sunday afternoon, bake some vanilla jumbles!
I think the pictures say it all...
Lots of smiles, laughs and fun.
I think we spent more time taking pictures than actually making the cookies.
45 grams butter softened
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
1/2 cup self-rising flour, sifted
1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 160 degree Celsius.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Slowly add the egg in and then the vanilla essence while continuing with the mixing of the butter and sugar.
- Add the flour in and mix until it becomes a firm dough.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to about 0.5 cm thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut desired shapes and glaze with milk (optional: decorate with sprinkles, choc chips, m & ms).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.